Adguard can make your online experience safer because, though Macs and Apple laptops are quite safe to use, when it comes to ad blockers, Macs experience real problems. Already-existing solutions do not consider the specifics of OS X. That greatly influences the stability of work in Safari, and these ad-blocking extensions fail to do their work properly, especially when video ads are an issue.
New Adguard lets you fully enjoy web surfing without any distractions. Watch those videos you want to watch, and not video ads, on YouTube, Twitch, or any other website. Look at photos of your friends and not at endless banners on Facebook and other social networks. Adguard gives you freedom of choice and saves your nerves. It works perfectly with all browsers, as it was developed specially for use on OS X.
- Ad Blocker. Subtle filtering of all incoming traffic, and what is more, ads are blocked before they load to the page.
- Browsing Security. Adguard checks every page for any malicious content using our databases, and blocks requests from potentially dangerous ones.
- Privacy Protection. Any counters and tracking instruments will be blocked by powerful Spyware filter. With Adguard you can stop worrying for the privacy of your actions on the Internet.
- Adguard works in all browsers. Safari, Chrome – you name it. No exceptions.
- Easy to install. A couple of clicks, and your Mac is protected from ads. You don’t have to struggle with overcomplicated settings – just surf the net and Adguard will do all the work.
- Blocking video ads. Any video ad, on any site – Adguard will block it.
- Application filtering. Adguard is more than just an addon for browser. It can help you to get rid of ads in any app on your Mac.
- Is supported in all OS X versions from 10.7 64-bit and higher.
- Adguard has intuitive and simple UI with such additional features like Adguard Assistant and filtering log.
- Daily ad filters and phishing databases updates.
Adguard licenses are available in one- or two-year subscriptions, or for lifetime. The service is also available for Android devices, for desktop systems, or for desktop and mobile devices. The published price in our listing is that of a one-year subscription for one computer. Licensing information can be found here.
What’s New in Adguard
Note: if you currently have AdGuard installed to any folder except for /Applications, the old version will launch after the update anyway. In such case you need to close and uninstall the old AdGuard. Users who have AdGuard installed to /Applications already can update as usual. Its a common situation when a release is followed by a hotfix, taking care of all unnoticed bugs. The bigger the release, the more bugfixes there usually are in the hotfix. All things considered, v2.0 can be considered a success, seeing how few serious issues we had to resolve in this update.
- Status of the “Trusted” checkbox isn’t saved for custom filters
- Pages don’t load when two system user accounts are in use
- Incorrect statistics after system restart
- AdGuard doesn’t detect some system locales
- Userscripts are not translated into Traditional Chinese
- AdGuard installer does not work in MacOS Catalina beta
- [Improved] CoreLibs engine has been updated
Requirements for Adguard
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later