Airfoil allows you to send any audio to AirPort Express units, Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs, all in sync! It’s your audio – everywhere.
With Airfoil you can take audio from any application and send to your AirPort Express units, as well as Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs running Airfoil Speakers! Transmit audio from RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and other media players. Send audio from web-based applications like Pandora, Last.fm, and other to the AirPort Express. You can even stream audio from audio devices like RadioSHARK, XM and Sirius radios, around your house.
What’s New in Airfoil
Note: Airfoil 5 is a paid upgrade from previous versions. Purchase information can be found here.
- Airfoil now supports streaming audio to AirPort Express units running the new 7.8 (AirPlay 2) firmware.
- The organization of groups in the Source selectors in Airfoil and Airfoil Satellite has been improved.
- While we hope you never see them, several error messages in Airfoil have been improved.
- Chromecast devices will now correctly reappear when hidden and then unhidden. Note that the volume settings for any Chromecast devices may require a one-time adjustment.
- Airfoil now has preliminary compatibility with MacOS 10.14 (Mojave). We recommend users stick with a fully supported version of MacOS for now.
Requirements for Airfoil
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.10 or later