Airfoil allows you to send any audio to AirPort Express units, Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs, all in sync! It’s your audio – everywhere.
With Airfoil you can take audio from any application and send to your AirPort Express units, as well as Apple TVs, and even other Macs and PCs running Airfoil Speakers! Transmit audio from RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, QuickTime Player, and other media players. Send audio from web-based applications like Pandora, Last.fm, and other to the AirPort Express. You can even stream audio from audio devices like RadioSHARK, XM and Sirius radios, around your house.
What’s New in Airfoil
- Airfoil’s Audio Capture Engine (ACE) backend has been updated to 10.1. This update includes several fixes and improvements, for the most stable audio capture possible
- It’s now easier to capture audio from the entire system (System Audio), Finder, and Text to Speech, with the new Special Sources section of the Source selector
- On MacOS 10.14 (Mojave), Airfoil now offers Dark Mode support throughout the app
- Smaller improvements and interface modifications have also been made to Airfoil’s Source selector, as well as the audio device icon
- Audio streaming to password-protected Shairport devices should now work as expected in all cases
- Airfoil now correctly handles multi-packet RTSP messages, which should solve some long-standing “RTSP” errors for certain rare devices
- A bug where the main window could get stuck on a disconnected monitor has been corrected
- Airfoil’s Help menu now includes a useful new Release Notes window, so you can see changes across all versions from right inside the app
- The look of messages displayed by Airfoil has been modernized
- The About box has been updated to provide additional version information in an easy-to-read fashion
Requirements for Airfoil
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.11 or later