Motion is designed for video editors, Motion 5 lets you customize Final Cut Pro titles, transitions, and effects. Or create your own dazzling animations in 2D or 3D space, with real-time feedback as you work.
- Breakthrough Speed and Quality
- New 64-bit architecture supports deeper, multilayered effects for use in Final Cut Pro.
- ColorSync-managed color pipeline produces accurate, consistent color across applications.
- Shared Render Engine provides consistent quality with Final Cut Pro and Compressor.
- Rendering uses floating-point, linear-light color space for exceptionally realistic results.
- Motion taps the GPU on the graphics card for high-speed rendering and exporting.
- Editor-Friendly Design Tools
- Work fast using a single-window interface with a familiar look and feel.
- Customize Final Cut Pro titles, effects, and transitions by opening them in Motion.
- Create Smart Motion Templates with simple controls for making changes as you edit.
- Build stunning 2D and 3D compositions with more than 1900 Apple-designed elements.
- Make adjustments to any parameter during playback and instantly see results.
- Easy Animated Text and Titles
- Design dramatic text effects with complete control over position, opacity, rotation, and more.
- Animate text instantly by choosing from more than 200 text behaviors such as Type On.
- Build a credit roll by importing a text file; the Scroll behavior optimizes the speed for you.
- Move, scale, or rotate a single character with the Adjust Glyph tool.
- Ripple text one character, word, or line at a time with the Sequence Text behavior.
- Stunning Effects
- Choose from more than 230 behaviors for natural-looking motion without programming.
- Enhance your 2D or 3D animations with more than 130 filters using the FxPlug 2 standard.
- Track a moving object in a video clip with the point tracking and match move feature.
- Create an accurate chroma key in a single step with the new Keying filter.
- Apply the Linking behavior to make parameters for one object animate related objects.
- Use SmoothCam to eliminate camera jitters, and image stabilization to smooth bumpy shots.
- Effortless 3D
- Transition from 2D to 3D space by adding a camera or cameras to any 2D project.
- Set up realistic shadows that animate dynamically with the movement of cameras and lights.
- Turn any shape, video plane, or paint stroke into a reflective surface.
- Highlight or de-emphasize various objects by defining a range of focus.
- Track objects or groups of objects with the Camera Framing behavior.
- Quick, High-Quality Output
- Export projects to Apple devices and popular websites such as Vimeo and YouTube.
- Choose to output the ProRes 4444 format for uncompressed quality at small file sizes.
What’s New in Motion
Version 5.4.1:Note: Requires compatible VR headset, macOS High Sierra, and SteamVR. HEVC and HEIF support requires macOS High Sierra
- Support for ProRes RAW files lets you design motion graphics using pristine RAW image data from the camera sensor
- Enjoy smooth playback and real-time graphics creation on laptop and desktop Mac computers
- Work natively with ProRes RAW or ProRes RAW HQ files created by ATOMOS recorders and DJI Inspire 2 drone
Introduced in Version 5.4
- 360 VR motion graphics
- Import 360° video and design 360° titles, generators, and effects
- Output 360° video to a connected VR headset
- Apply 360° effects including blurs, glows, and more
- Save any 360° motion graphic and access it immediately from the effects browser in Final Cut Pro
- Share 360° video directly to YouTube, Facebook, and Vimeo
- Apply the Reorient filter to easily change the orientation of 360° video
- Create 3D scenes within a 360° project for ultra-realistic 360° environments
- Use the 360° Look Around view to preview your 360° scene without a VR headset
- Edit 360° video into a non-360° project and animate the pan, tilt, and zoom
- Place any graphic, still, or video into a 360° project, then reposition and resize to fit perfectly into the 360° scene
- Easily convert between a Motion project, Final Cut Pro generator, Final Cut Pro title, Final Cut Pro effect, or Final Cut Pro transition at any time
- New Overshoot behavior creates realistic spring-loaded animations without the need for keyframes
- New Looks filters offer a variety of photographic-inspired looks
- Faster, higher quality Optical Flow analysis using Metal
- Import, playback, and editing of High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC, also known as H.265) video clips and High Efficiency Image Format (HEIF) photos from Apple devices
- Send to Compressor to export motion graphics projects in the HEVC format
Requirements for Motion
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.13.2 or later
- 4 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended for 4K)
- OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later
- 256 MB of VRAM (1 GB recommended for 4K)
- 4.7 GB of disk space (3.5 GB app, 1.2 GB supplemental content)