Motion is designed for video editors, Motion 5 lets you customize Final Cut Pro titles, transitions, and effects. Or create your own dazzling animations in 2D or 3D space, with real-time feedback as you work.
Breakthrough Speed and Quality
- New 64-bit architecture supports deeper, multilayered effects for use in Final Cut Pro.
- ColorSync-managed color pipeline produces accurate, consistent color across applications.
- Shared Render Engine provides consistent quality with Final Cut Pro and Compressor.
- Rendering uses floating-point, linear-light color space for exceptionally realistic results.
- Motion taps the GPU on the graphics card for high-speed rendering and exporting.
Editor-Friendly Design Tools
- Work fast using a single-window interface with a familiar look and feel.
- Customize Final Cut Pro titles, effects, and transitions by opening them in Motion.
- Create Smart Motion Templates with simple controls for making changes as you edit.
- Build stunning 2D and 3D compositions with more than 1900 Apple-designed elements.
- Make adjustments to any parameter during playback and instantly see results.
Easy Animated Text and Titles
- Design dramatic text effects with complete control over position, opacity, rotation, and more.
- Animate text instantly by choosing from more than 200 text behaviors such as Type On.
- Build a credit roll by importing a text file; the Scroll behavior optimizes the speed for you.
- Move, scale, or rotate a single character with the Adjust Glyph tool.
- Ripple text one character, word, or line at a time with the Sequence Text behavior.
- Choose from more than 230 behaviors for natural-looking motion without programming.
- Enhance your 2D or 3D animations with more than 130 filters using the FxPlug 2 standard.
- Track a moving object in a video clip with the point tracking and match move feature.
- Create an accurate chroma key in a single step with the new Keying filter.
- Apply the Linking behavior to make parameters for one object animate related objects.
- Use SmoothCam to eliminate camera jitters, and image stabilization to smooth bumpy shots.
- Transition from 2D to 3D space by adding a camera or cameras to any 2D project.
- Set up realistic shadows that animate dynamically with the movement of cameras and lights.
- Turn any shape, video plane, or paint stroke into a reflective surface.
- Highlight or de-emphasize various objects by defining a range of focus.
- Track objects or groups of objects with the Camera Framing behavior.
Quick, High-Quality Output
- Export projects to Apple devices and popular websites such as Vimeo and YouTube.
- Choose to output the ProRes 4444 format for uncompressed quality at small file sizes.
Advanced color grading
- Use color wheels in 1-up or 4-up layouts to quickly adjust hue, saturation, and brightness
- Apply professional color curves to make ultra-fine adjustments to color and contrast
- Hue/saturation curves let you select and change a specific hue or brightness level while leaving other parts of the image unchanged
- Use the eye dropper with the color and hue/saturation curves to quickly sample parts of an image for adjustment
- Apply custom LUTs from popular color grading apps and sites
- Adjust color corrections over time with precise keyframe controls
- Instantly turn any photo or video into a comic book illustration
- Choose from a variety of styles to create color, monochrome, or grayscale artwork
- Refine the comic book look with simple controls to adjust ink edges, fill, and smoothness
Tiny Planet filter
- Add the Tiny Planet filter when adding 360º video to a non-360° project to create interesting spherical looks
- Use the Z and X Rotation parameters to wrap your tiny planet effect into an infinite cylinder
- Adjust the Y Rotation parameter to move your subject horizontally within the tiny planet
- Animate the field of view to transition from a close up to a satellite view flying high above your footage
- Give generators and titles a powerfully warped look by applying the Tiny Planet filter
Core Text engine
- Core Text engine ensures accurate display of Arabic letters, Indic vowel signs in Devanagari, and Thai diacritics
- Correct rendering and animation of emoji, thin glyphs, capital letters in various point sizes, and vertical text are joined and tracked correctly
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.13.6 or later
- 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K)
- OpenCL-capable graphics card or Intel HD Graphics 3000 or later
- 256MB of VRAM (1GB recommended for 4K)
- 4.7GB of disk space (3.5GB app, 1.2GB supplemental content)