Bartender lets you organize your menu-bar apps by hiding them, rearranging them, or moving them to Bartender’s Bar. You can display the full menu bar, set options to have menu-bar items show in the menu bar when they have updated, or have them always visible in Bartender’s Bar.
- Lets you tidy your menu-bar apps how you want.
- See your menu-bar apps when you want.
- Hide the apps you need to run, but do not need to see.
- Have the clean looking menu bar you want.
- Rearrange your menu-bar items as you wish.
What’s New in Bartender
New Features / Improvements
- Ability to show the menu bar via hotkey when hidden: If you have autohide menu bar set in macOS or are in a fullscreen app, Bartender can now display the menu bar when activated via hotkey.
- Added support for Little Snitch Internet Access Policy: Little Snitch now allows applications to declare the connections they make and why, giving users better insight into what an app is doing. Bartender now supports this.
- Bartender would autohide if an iStat Menus menu item was activated then dismissed: We now take this into account and Bartender should not autohide when a iStat Menus items popup is dismissed.
- If autohide menu bar is enabled in macOS the menu bar would hide when Bartender was clicked: In macOS Mojave with autohide menu bar enabled there is a bug that will hide the menu bar when a menu items position is changed, this would cause the menu bar to hide when a user clicked on Bartender to show hidden items. Bartender will now keep the menu bar visible.
- Spotlight being dismissed when showing for updates: The spotlight window could get dismissed when menu items showed for updates, this has been fixed.
- macOS not sleeping or screensaver showing: In macOS Mojave the location menu item has changed its behaviour, and will now forget its position whenever it leaves the menu bar. This, along with settings in Bartender to hide the location menu item would cause Bartender to move it every time it showed. If the user ran anything which would show/hide the location menu item regularly this would prevent the screen saver from activating. This has now been fixed.
- Slow transitions on larger setups: Some users with larger setups (many menu items, multiple screens etc.) could experience slower transitions, this build contains changes to try and improve this.
- Support for apps with binaries signed with different ID to executable name: Some apps not in a bundle format have a different signing ID to there executable name, this would prevent Bartender being able to control them. This has been fixed.
- Show All Items being hidden again straight away after showing for first time: Fixed issue with show all items or search being dismissed first time they were shown.
- Possible Crash Fix: A possible crash and exception have been fixed.
- Show for updates with multiple screens giving false positives: Due to an odd behaviour by an Apple framework, show for updates could think there was a change when the user has multiple monitors setup in a specific way, this has been worked around.
- Transparent side panel in Bartender Preferences: In macOS High Sierra, 10.14.3 and newer the Menu Items side panel in Bartender preferences could show with a very transparent background when using light mode, this has been fixed.
- Updated UI text: Some of the description text in Preferences has been updated to make it easier for new users.
- Typo fixes: There was a typo in the previous version, this is fixed.
Requirements for Bartender
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- macOS 10.12 or later