BBEdit is a complete code editor that lets you work with a variety of programming languages.
BBEdit, you can …
- Exercise full control over text
- Work your way
- Script files, folders, disks, and servers
- Testing enjoy Omnipotence
- A height standards
- Seamless integration to existing workflows
What’s new in BBEdit 12?
- Improved compatibility of dark themes – When a dark color scheme is used, BBEdit now edit colors and chrome project window to match, for a more integrated overall appearance. For customers than ever before BBEdit or TextWrangler used, the color scheme “BBEdit Dark” now is the factory default; this can be changed if desired preferences “text colors”.
- Performance improvement platform – Thanks to an extensive internal review, BBEdit now supports intrinsic behavior of the operating system as Split View (and many others).
- Improved user interface for FTP / SFTP, Text Factory and preview windows browsers – many windows that are not editing have been revised to improve the appearance and behavior and to add features.
- New “canonize” tool – Provides a text-based search for batch and replacement model, either within a single file or (using a text factory) in multiple files.
- New editing commands “Columns” – Cut, copy, delete or rearrange columns easily delimited text files (CSV, TSV) without a spreadsheet or complicated regular expressions.
- FTP / SFTP browsers now have an outline view to improve navigation
- Text Factory windows now offer the ability to enable and disable individual steps
- The preview windows BBEdit now provides insight runtime of anticipated page views using the WebKit inspector
- Text extraction: this powerful addition to the legendary BBEdit search functions allows you to locate and collect search results in a single text document. The extraction can be executed in the active text document or multiple files and folders. Using Grep patterns replacement during extraction allows transformations to the extracted text.
- Extensive internal modernization – Many internal subsystems have been rewritten or updated to support new features, improve performance, add refinement and possible future improvements to