When it came to our attention that an aging Baldwin piano was destined to be turned into a coffee table after being found unrestorable, we took it upon ourselves to grit our teeth and sample the hideously out of tune instrument in full detail.
The entire 88-key range of the instrument was sampled chromatically with two dynamic layers, one suitable for subtle suspense and one for jumpscares. The quieter dynamic features two round robins. In addition, a massive set of aleatoric effects and hits have been recorded.
– Original untuned, “semi-tuned”, and FX patches in a single keyswitchable instrument.
– Three mic positions- Main (spaced LDC’s), Ribbon (close), and Vintage (1950’s Shure Hercules dictation mic).
– 595 unique samples in full 44.1 kHz/24-bit quality.
– Full sampled sustains and releases; 2xRR for quiet layers.
– 7 creative snapshots ranging from “Backstabber” to “Broken Space Clavier” to get the creative juices flowing!
– Certified to make piano tuners cower in fear.