BusyCal is an award-winning desktop calendar that combines personal productivity features for individuals with powerful calendar sharing capabilities for families and workgroups. Its unique features include a non-modal Info Panel for easier data entry; To Dos that display in the calendar and auto-forward until completed; repeating To Dos; customizable calendar views including a List view and scrolling Month and Week views; adjustable font styles and sizes, live weather feeds, moon phases, graphics, sticky notes and more. And when you first launch BusyCal, all of your iCal data is instantly imported. BusyCal automatically syncs with iCal, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and other apps and devices that sync with MobileMe or Sync Services. If you later decide to switch back to iCal, all of your calendar data will be current.
BusyCal allows families and workgroups to share calendars with MobileMe, Google Calendar, iCal Server, and other CalDAV Servers. You can even share calendars with other BusyCal users on a local area network without the need of a server. And BusyCal syncs with iCal, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and other apps and devices that sync with MobileMe or Sync Services.
- View and edit event details in a non-modal info panel.
- Create repeating To Dos that display in the calendar and carry-forward until completed.
- Scrolling Month and Week Views.
- Customizable list view lets you filter and sort events by date, calendar, and more.
- View live weather forecasts, sunrise/sunset times, and moon phases right in your calendar.
- Customizable event fonts, sizes, styles and colors.
- Add graphics to your calendar.
- Add virtual sticky notes to your calendar.
- Sync with the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch via MobileMe, Google Calendar, or iTunes.
- Sync with MobileMe Calendar and other computers/devices that sync with MobileMe.
- Sync with Google Calendar and other computers/devices that sync with Google Calendar.
- Sync with other BusyCal users on a local area network or over the internet.
- Share calendars with others, with password-protection and SSL encryption.
- iCal compatible
What’s New in BusyCal
- Weather Underground has retired its service. BusyCal weather updates are now powered by Dark Sky, which provides more accurate weather forecasts. It’s also now easier to perform a city / town / zip-code lookup in preferences.
- Improved handling of CalDAV meeting invitations where these wouldn’t otherwise show in the Inbox
- Completed todos with due times now show at their original due times instead of in the all-day section. This behavior can be changed from Preferences > ToDos.
- The “Carry forward uncompleted todos” setting no longer includes completed todos
- Updates to events with pending invites are now automatically synced to the server
- Meeting invitations sent to group calendar on Exchange, no longer appear in the Inbox when you’re not invited
- WebEx meeting links inserted by google are no longer stripped out
- Extra details related to an embedded Hangouts call, hidden by default, can now be seen by clicking on a (i) button next to the Join Hangout Call link.
- Improvements to accounts preferences
- Several CalDAV servers (including iCloud) reject accepting Todos containing custom alarms with ‘Open file’ attachments / URLs. This option has now been disabled.
- Improved display of event tiles using custom condensed fonts
- Fixed a bug where the To-do list would not at times refresh if ‘Show Completed Todos’ was set to ‘In Calendar Range’
- Fixed a bug where alerts would not fire for some unselected calendars
- Fix for Outlook and Airmail opening multiple windows when using the “Email attendees” option
- Performance improvements
- Ongoing stability improvements
Requirements for BusyCal
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.11 or later
- iCloud, Google, Exchange, or CalDAV account