BusyCal is an award-winning desktop calendar that combines personal productivity features for individuals with powerful calendar sharing capabilities for families and workgroups. Its unique features include a non-modal Info Panel for easier data entry; To Dos that display in the calendar and auto-forward until completed; repeating To Dos; customizable calendar views including a List view and scrolling Month and Week views; adjustable font styles and sizes, live weather feeds, moon phases, graphics, sticky notes and more. And when you first launch BusyCal, all of your iCal data is instantly imported. BusyCal automatically syncs with iCal, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and other apps and devices that sync with MobileMe or Sync Services. If you later decide to switch back to iCal, all of your calendar data will be current.
BusyCal allows families and workgroups to share calendars with MobileMe, Google Calendar, iCal Server, and other CalDAV Servers. You can even share calendars with other BusyCal users on a local area network without the need of a server. And BusyCal syncs with iCal, iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, and other apps and devices that sync with MobileMe or Sync Services.
- View and edit event details in a non-modal info panel.
- Create repeating To Dos that display in the calendar and carry-forward until completed.
- Scrolling Month and Week Views.
- Customizable list view lets you filter and sort events by date, calendar, and more.
- View live weather forecasts, sunrise/sunset times, and moon phases right in your calendar.
- Customizable event fonts, sizes, styles and colors.
- Add graphics to your calendar.
- Add virtual sticky notes to your calendar.
- Sync with the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch via MobileMe, Google Calendar, or iTunes.
- Sync with MobileMe Calendar and other computers/devices that sync with MobileMe.
- Sync with Google Calendar and other computers/devices that sync with Google Calendar.
- Sync with other BusyCal users on a local area network or over the internet.
- Share calendars with others, with password-protection and SSL encryption.
- iCal compatible
What’s New in BusyCal
- Busycalevent://new URL handler for creating events, now supports assigning notes
- Hold down the ‘Option / Alt’ key while accepting an invitation from the Inbox to accept all invites at once
- ‘Go To Date’ picker now offers an additional calendar control to pick a date from
- Right clicking on the toolbar buttons for ‘Week’ and ‘Month’ views now allows you to quickly change viewing options
- Info panel now translates dates into local time where the timezones are different
- Display of adjacent and overlapping events in Day and Week views
- Processing of CalDAV meeting invites for shared calendars
- “sync at launch” for accounts with Push sync enabled
- Weather data retrieval
- Detection of HTML in notes
- .ics importing
- Processing of delegated meeting invites from Exchange
- Processing of large HTML notes for Exchange
- Reporting of connectivity errors
- Formatting of event durations in List View
- Search results that now display both start and end times for events
- Icon reflecting Organizer’s attendance in meeting invites
- Manual sorting of To Dos when sorting by Priority
- Issue where drag and drop from OmniFocus would create duplicate events
- A bug with the date picker on macOS 10.12 that would lead to a crash
- Info panel not updating its background color when switching beteeen dark / light appearances
- Info panel now identifies detached repeating events for clarity
- Info panel colors due dates red for overdue todos
- When deleting multiple events, you can now prevent the prompt from showing repeatedly
- When cutting / moving / deleting multiple recurring events, you can now prevent the change confirmation prompt from showing repeatedly
- Travel time dropdown now includes a “45 minutes” alert preset
- “Email Attendees” now no longer opens multiple windows when using MailMate
- “Open File” custom alarm option has been removed for iCloud. iCloud no longer supports syncing such alarms.
- Ongoing stability improvements
- Event titles now display more text vertically in day and week views when event times are turned off
Requirements for BusyCal
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.11 or later
- iCloud, Google, Exchange, or CalDAV account