The first edition of this best-selling series of chess simulations to appear on the Mac for several years.
Chessmaster 9000 boasts a new and improved chess engine that allows players to compete against more than 150 different opponents from beginner to Grandmaster level combined with the best 3D graphics ever seen in a chess program.
Featuring challenging gameplay with unrivalled personal instruction and chess resource material to elevate your game, Chessmaster is a teacher, mentor and ultimate opponent that provides countless hours of interactive competition and fun.
Since the very first version of this game appeared in 1986, Chessmaster has led computer chess gaming, selling more than 5 million units worldwide and winning numerous awards. Chessmaster 9000 builds on the strong foundation of its predecessors by adding many new tools to help players master the game of chess, featuring:
- Enjoy and learn from more than 800 classic games , including the best of 2001 and 2002 Grand Master games.
- Study the best opening moves and learn how to dominate the opponent sitting across from you.
- Experience a new and improved chess engine that allows players to compete against more than 150 different opponents, from beginner to Grandmaster level.
- Includes the new Psychology of Competition chess course taught by International Master Josh Waitzkin.
- Play using a variety of online, multiplayer options , including rated chess games and high-speed “blitz” chess games.
- Set up Tournaments to see how you would fare against famous historic chess players, or pit them against each other in a battle of wills.
- View the best graphics ever seen in a chess program on the Mac, featuring more than 30 new chess sets and optional, true 3D gameplay .
- Play against new random opponents for greater replay value .
- Improve your game with the new Blunder Alert feature that immediately notifies you of better moves when you move you pieces into danger.
- Test your skills with the new Endgame Quiz from five-time US Chess Champion Larry Evans .
- Jump right into a game with the new ‘Quickstart’ play or turn up the action with “speed chess” .