Clover is open source based on different projects: Clover, rEFIt, XNU, VirtualBox. The main is EDK2 latest revision.
The Clover EFI software comes with its own installer package, which means that the entire process is reduced to simply following the on-screen instructions. Naturally, you will have to provide the credentials for your computer’s admin account.
Noteworthy is that you have the option to personalize the bootloader’s installation: you can choose to install Clover EFI for UEFI booting only, you can install Clover EFI in the ESP, you can apply a custom theme, decide which drives or scripts should be deployed, and so on.
Powerful software solution for booting a custom macOS installation, and improving its performance
Furthermore, Clover EFI also allows you to integrate a custom preference pane in your System Preferences window. As a result, you will be able to effortlessly update the bootloader, to change the Clover theme, or to adjust the number of log files and backups Clover EFI should keep.
Clover EFI is a great tool to have around if you are running macOS on a non-Apple computer that integrates a UEFI motherboard: the installer replaces the default bootloader, integrates powerful drivers, and allows you to customize both the macOS behavior and appearance.
- Boot into macOS 10.xx, Windows EFI and Linux EFI;
- It’s EFI bootloader provides RuntimeServices for OS that impossible for Legacy Bootloaders;
- Mostly Clover do automatic detection of hardware and set all properties by default. But user can change them by editing config.plist;
- With Clover you may restart into other OS from Startup Disk pane in System preferences;
- UUID written into config.plist will be the same as in OS;
- SMBIOS will be corrected to standard 2.6;
- ACPI will be corrected to standard 4.0;
- Custom DSDT will be loaded from booted partition or from EFI folder;
- DSDT patching on the fly by fixes and by patterns;
- Customizable RestartFix and Sleep/Wake fixes and PCIRootUID value;
- Graphics Properties Injector for ATI, NVidia and Intel for wide range of supported cards. Also customizable;
- USB fix (LegacyOff, Ownership, Builtin, clock-id) up to USB 3.0;
- HDA injector and Ethernet builtin injector;
- CPU turbo and P- and C-states generator;
- ACPI tables loading (SSDT-xx, APIC, BOOT, SLIC, SLIT, SRAT, UEFI…);
- Extra kernel extensions loading;
- Kernel and kext patching on the fly;
- Set NVRAM variables for different purpose;
- Default boot after timeout, customizable GUI, saving screenshots from GUI typing F10;
- Saving boot.log in OS and preboot.log from GUI by typing F2.
Version 2.4 r4972:
- Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
OS X 10.5 or later