Devastor is a simple Multiband Distortion Unit. It is an enhanced version of the distortion unit from Phoscyon.
Devastor consists of four essential blocks:
- Dynamicsflattener module (oneknob controlled input signal compressor).
- Diodeclipper distortion.
- Three multimode filter sections.
- Optionally activated signal limiter.
- The plugin offers nine different connection topologies between its filters and diodeclipper. Filters can process the signal before or after it gets fed into the diodeclipper, but some of the configurations even allow the filters to work alongside the clipper.
- Devastor’s filters are not simply the peaking EQ type which are commonly used in classic multiband distortion units: rather, they are like those found in analog synthesizers (low pass, high pass, band pass and band reject) with adjustable resonance and cutoff parameters.
- Diodeclipper emulation.
- Analogmodeled filters (refined filter models v2).
- Dynamics flattener (with improved peak detection and more natural envelopes in v2).
- Optional output limiter (new in v2).
- Tagbased preset browser (new in v2).
- Two alternative GUI sizes (new in v2).
- Context menu based MIDIlearn functionality (new in v2).
- 9 different topologies of connections for filters and the diodeclipper (new in v2).
- 64bit internal processing.
- Ultra low aliasing output.
- Devastor 2 is available in VST, AU and AAX plugin formats.
- Devastor 1 is still supported, which includes assistance from D16’s Helpdesk and eventual hotfixes for potential bugs), but that support ceases on April 30, 2016. After that date D16 guarantees only activation and download links for Devastor 1 licensees.
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later
Web Site: http://d16.pl/devastor/