Disk Drill is a Mac data recovery software designed natively for Mac OS: easily protect your files from accidental deletion with Recovery Vault and recover lost data from Mac disks. Most of storage devices, file types and file systems are supported. You can recover deleted files from iPhone and Android devices! Disk Drill offers helpful and free tools for disk management like duplicate file finder, byte-to-byte backups, disk cleanup and space visualization, bootable data recovery drive, disk health monitoring, etc.
When something is deleted Recovery Vault makes it possible to recover not only the file itself, but also its properties, such as original file name, location, etc. So you will always be able to recover data from Mac files system (HFS/HFS+) and FAT32 partitions. Disk Drill also includes powerful S.M.A.R.T. disk monitoring right out-of-the-box; you can monitor your disks’ hardware status and get automatic notifications of potential failures or other issues. If a disk or partition is failing, you can easily backup it into a disk image (DMG) which can later be mounted for recovery.
Disk Drill PRO also features a number of advanced scanning modes for data recovery of FAT, NTFS, HFS/HFS+, other file systems and formatted (initialized) drives. Using Quick Scan you can locate deleted items on FAT and NTFS disks, this scanning method is fast and accurate, but is unlikely to find data deleted long ago. With Deep Scan you can try to recover data from any disk or memory card regardless of their file system. This recovery method is long and thorough, it scans your disk in a binary mode and is capable of finding deleted files even after formatting.
- Simplified data recovery from startup disks and disk locations protected by SIP
- Support for Full Disk Access in macOS Mojave
- Improved universal recovery sequence on APFS partitions
- Improved recovery of damaged APFS Fusion Drives
- Improved scanning of unmounted volumes
- Improved scanning of external HDD
- Mounted disk images (DMG) are now read-only
- Fixed: scan progress indicator in Allocate Existing Data algorithm
- Fixed random crashing when entering the Clean Up mode
- Minor UI and localization improvements
OS X 10.8.5 or later, 64-bit processor