Elmedia Player is a free media player for Mac that supports various video and audio formats, including FLV, SWF, MP4, AVI, MOV, MP4, DAT, MP3, etc. The app features exclusive Open Online Video feature which lets you watch YouTube, Vimeo and Dailymotion videos online without ads.
Elmedia strives to enhance your viewing experience with such possibilities as creating playlists for local files and web videos, 10-band equalizer to shape the audio tone, video tuner to regulate brightness, saturation, and contrast, versatile subtitles support, possibility to load external audio files, increasing or decreasing audio delay. Elmedia offers deinterlace option that lets you get rid of irritating horizontal stripes on fast moving objects in certain videos.
You can watch 4K and 8К videos without video slowdown or troubles with sound sync thanks to Elmedia hardware accelerated decoding.
Elmedia Player is also available as a PRO version. For $19.95 it offers: AirPlay support (including 4K videos); streaming local files to Chromecast and Smart TV via DLNA (4K video streaming is supported); making screenshots from the videos; adjusting audio and video in various ways; choosing output devices for video and audio; A-B loop to repeat a video segment continuously; flipping and rotating video image
Please, note that this version of Elmedia Player does not support downloading videos from YouTube. To be able to download YouTube videos, please get the special build from the developer’s website, then upgrade it to Elmedia Player PRO.
What’s New in Elmedia Player
- Added: possibility to pause a file once it is opened in player (“Start playback at a pause” option on the “General” tab)
- Added: possibility to set audio output device from the main menu
- Improved: when streaming a high quality YouTube video after adding it for playback (“Open Online Video” option), the highest available resolution supported by the receiving device is set
- Improved: the current position of a playing item as well as the total duration now show up independently of the window size
- Fixed: keyboard hotkeys and mouse scroll now work correctly when “Show controls in a separate window” option is on
- Fixed: ID3 tags were not shown for certain MP3 files
Requirements for Elmedia Player
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.9 or later