Elmedia Player is a free media player for Mac that supports various video and audio formats, including FLV, SWF, MP4, AVI, MOV, MP4, DAT, MP3, etc. The app features exclusive Open Online Video feature which lets you watch YouTube, Vimeo and Dailymotion videos online without ads.
Elmedia strives to enhance your viewing experience with such possibilities as creating playlists for local files and web videos, 10-band equalizer to shape the audio tone, video tuner to regulate brightness, saturation, and contrast, versatile subtitles support, possibility to load external audio files, increasing or decreasing audio delay. Elmedia offers deinterlace option that lets you get rid of irritating horizontal stripes on fast moving objects in certain videos.
You can watch 4K and 8К videos without video slowdown or troubles with sound sync thanks to Elmedia hardware accelerated decoding.
Elmedia Player is also available as a PRO version. For $19.95 it offers: AirPlay support (including 4K videos); streaming local files to Chromecast and Smart TV via DLNA (4K video streaming is supported); making screenshots from the videos; adjusting audio and video in various ways; choosing output devices for video and audio; A-B loop to repeat a video segment continuously; flipping and rotating video image
Please, note that this version of Elmedia Player does not support downloading videos from YouTube. To be able to download YouTube videos, please get the special build from the developer’s website, then upgrade it to Elmedia Player PRO.
What’s New in Elmedia Player
- Streaming audio and video files to Chromecast, Smart TV and other DLNA-certified devices
- Vastly reworked interface
- Streaming settings
- Independent interface language settings
- Integrated search for subtitles through OpenSubtitles.org directly from the player
- Flash files playback
- An ability to set the background color for subtitles
- An ability to disable screensaver during the playback, not just in fullscreen mode
- The process of preparing a video for streaming
- Detection of subtitles encoding
- The playback adjustments (the playback speed, audio delay, subtitles delay) are now possible through the Playback Settings panel
Requirements for Elmedia Player
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.9 or later