Today Apple has updated Final Cut Pro X to 10.4.6, Motion to 5.4.3 and Compressor to 4.4.4. Apart from converting incompatible media formats, this looks like a big set of bug fixes. iMovie gets an update too!
In a week of announcements from Apple, we were not expecting an FCPX update! However we now have 10.4.6 as well as an update to the other Pro Video Apps and iMovie.
So,no real new features apart from the ability to change incompatible media internally – we knew that was coming from the last version. However, we all welcome bug fixes, even though FCPX isn’t that buggy!
What’s New in Version 10.4.6
- Detects media files that may be incompatible with future versions of macOS after Mojave and converts them to a compatible format Fixes an issue that could cause share destinations to disappear from the share menu after quitting Final Cut Pro
- Fixes an issue that could cause the workflow extension button to disappear when resizing the interface
- Fixes an issue in which the Select Clip command could incorrectly select the clip beneath the playhead
- Fixes an issue in which a successful share notification appears after the share operation was cancelled
- Fixes an issue in which frames saved to the frame browser in the Comparison Viewer may appear differently than they do in the viewer Fixes an issue in which frequency information for Hum Removal may not be visible in the audio inspector
- Fixes an issue in which relinked media may appear with black thumbnails in the browser and timeline
- Fixes an issue in which the share menu may be obscured behind the viewer when using Final Cut Pro in fullscreen mode
- Improves reliability when sharing video to YouTube