Glyph Designer is a powerful bitmap font designer, redesigned specifically for OS X Yosemite to take advantage of the latest features.Create beautiful designs using highly configurable effects, definable backgrounds, custom images, editable glyph metrics and more. Make the most of your screen with smart zooming and full screen support. Target hundreds of devices on multiple platforms with support for over 15 frameworks out the box. Streamline localizations with GDCL.
You can add text to your games in a few different ways. Many of the frameworks allow you to use a truetype font for your text but this comes at a cost. You lose a lot of flexibility with styling but most importantly you lose performance. No one likes a game that takes a long time to load or drops frames at that crucial point. Using bitmap fonts you can achieve the perfect style and gain a MASSIVE performance increase over alternative methods.
- We’ve always taken legibility seriously, thats why Glyph Designer has fully supported font kerning from day one.
- Don’t like your recent changes? Easily reverse anything you do and recover your previous style.
- Need to recover a previous document? Not a problem, Glyph Designer uses powerful document versions built right into OS X to keep your work safe so you will never lose anything again.
Streamline your workflow
Integrating GDCL into your workflow is a simple process and can save you significant development time, especially when it comes to localizing your games.
It couldn’t be easier! Add a build phase to your project. Save your Glyph Designer project then build and view your changes.
Custom Font Metrics
- Glyph Designer lets you easily adjust font wide metrics.
- You can even get right down and control the exact positioning of any character.
With Glyph Designer you get the maximum flexibility. Replace any character in your bitmap font with an image of your choice. Change the scale, adjust the metrics and enjoy. It couldn’t be simpler.
Super Fast Smart Zooming
Highly optimised zooming allows you to quickly and easily zoom and pan around the pixels. Two finger tap on a specific glyph to zoom right in and make super fine adjustments at the pixel level.