GSi VB3-II is the result of almost 15 years of study, research, experimentation and development of the simulation of a vintage Hammond B3 organ. It is the evolution of the GSi VB3 v1.x with a new sound, a new parameter set, endless possibilities of sound customization. It’s not a simple update to an old software, it’s a whole new product. It’s based on the same sound engine that was written first for the Hamichord Organ, then for the Crumar Mojo, and is also found in the Crumar Mojo61 and in the GSi Gemini. The DSP part of VB3-II was rewritten from the ground up around 2010 and has been constantly updated during all these years by adding features and improvement suggested by many users of our hardware products. Many people requested this sound engine to be released as a software for regular computers, and here it is. Now you can have the sound of a full-featured clonewheel organ right into your computer.
- Full polyphony (61 upper + 61 lower + 25 pedals = 147 notes)
- 91 modeled tonewheels with accurate phase synchronization
- Adjustable leakage noise and cross modulation between tonewheels
- A total of 22 different tonewheel generators to choose from
- Generator shaping for a total of 154 generator combinations
- Adjustable global tuning from 430 to 450 Hz
- Foldback on 16″ deactivatable
- Complex wheels
- Resistor wiring with multiple options
- Realistic “run” motor wow & flutter
- Busbars and 9 key contact simulation
- Two separate sets of drawbars per manual
- Full “inverted octave” presets
- String Bass with adjustable release time
- Loudness “robbing” effect
- Single triggered percussion with natural capacitor discharge/recharge
- Adjustable Percussion Level & Decay
- Vibrato/Chorus virtual scanner
- Adjustable Vibrato Scanner depth & mix
- Separated Upper and Lower V/C tablets with smooth switching
- Dynamic tube overdrive simulation
- Spring Reverb (pre) and Digital stereo reverb (post)
- Rotary speaker simulation with virtual microphone positioning, tube overdrive, tube feedback
- Rotors “Front Stop” brake position with adjustable preferred position
- Very low CPU consumption
- Advanced MIDI Learn function with import/export of custom mappings
- Upper and Lower manuals SPLIT with adjustable split point
- Adjustable output level
- Supports pedal sustain
- Custom programmer with import/export of Programs and Banks
- …and many more.
VB3-II is available in the following formats:
– for Windows: VST2 x64, VST3 x64, Standalone x64
– for OSX: VST2 x64, VST3 x64, Audio Unit x64, Standalone x64
– any Windows computer manufactured after 2010 running Windows 7 x64 or greater
– ASIO compatible sound card for low latency performance
– OSX version 10.9 or greater
Starting from version 1.1.0 released in September 2018, GSi VB3-II comes with a separate Rotary effect plugin/standalone that can be used with any audio source and is based on the same rotary effect built into VB3-II. It’s called GSiRotary and is free for all VB3-II registered users.
GSiRotary shares the same Program Bank, the same MIDI Map and the same Settings as the main program VB3-II and starts activated if VB3-II is activated, otherwise starts in “Demo mode”.
VB3-II features deep editing of all Organ and Rotary Speaker parameters organized in separate windows. The parameters are organized in sections and represented as dropdown menus if they consist in lists of elements to choose from, check boxes if they consist in options to toggle, or horizontal sliders if they respond to a range of values spanning from 0 to 127.
Of course you need a MIDI controller keyboard to play VB3-II, and if you want to enjoy the experience of a real dual manual console organ, we advice you to check out GSi DMC-122, the perfect companion for VB3-II.
If all you need is a quick and easy 9-Drawbar controller, we have it too! It’s the D9U, an open source do-it-yourself project based on Arduino, with Class-Compliant USB-MIDI and UART Midi output on mini-jack.
Click HERE to learn more.
Click HERE to download all the project files (mounting instructions PDF, Arduino sketch, Eagle PCB projects).
Order online at MyRigShop.com, the official Crumar & GSi Factory Outlet.