HoudahSpot is a search tool versatile desktop. Use HoudahSpot files to locate hard to find and keep frequently used files within reach. HoudahSpot will feel immediately familiar. It works the way you expect it to work the search. Start with a simple search. I refine it by adding and combining criteria. Search search results. Add columns. Preview files and text matches. Select the files you really need.
• Search for files by name, text, content type, author, recipient, pixel count, etc.
• Combine criteria to reduce search results
• Specify which folders to search and which exclude
• Add any of the hundreds of available columns
• Apply filters to narrow search results only relevant elements
• Preview files and text matches
• Open files, where application supports it , continue to seek matches text by pressing Command-G (Find Next)
• Configure Templates for recurrent searches
HoudahSpot is based on Spotlight, which is preinstalled with MacOS. It helps you find the files you need:
• Post on a “CV” or “summary” received this year
• Files word processing that contain the word “invoice” or “estimate”
• Image files called “logo” more 512 pixels wide
• files created,