macOS Mojave delivers new features inspired by its most powerful users but designed for everyone. Stay focused on your work using Dark Mode. Organize your desktop using Stacks. Experience three new built-in apps. And discover new apps in the reimagined Mac App Store.
- Experience a dramatic new look for your Mac that puts your content front and centre while controls recede into the background.
- Enjoy new app designs that are easier on your eyes in dark environments.
- View an ever-changing desktop picture with Dynamic Desktop.
- Automatically organize your desktop files by kind, date or tag using Stacks.
- Capture stills and video of your screen using the new Screenshot utility.
- Find your files visually using large previews in Gallery View.
- See full metadata for all file types in the Preview pane.
- Rotate an image, create a PDF and more – right in the Finder using Quick Actions.
- Mark up and sign PDFs, crop images, and trim audio and video files using Quick Look.
- Photograph an object or scan a document nearby using your iPhone, and it automatically appears on your Mac.
Mac App Store
- Browse handpicked apps in the new Discover, Create, Work and Play tabs.
- Discover the perfect app and make the most of those you have with stories, curated collections and videos.
- Search with lyrics to find a song using a few of the words you remember.
- Start a personalized station of any artist’s music from the enhanced artist pages.
- Enjoy the new Friends Mix, a playlist of songs your friends are listening to.
- Block Share and Like buttons, comment widgets and embedded content from tracking you without your permission with enhanced Intelligent Tracking Prevention.
- Prevent websites from tracking your Mac using a simplified system profile that makes you more anonymous online.
- Create a customized watchlist and view interactive charts that sync across your Mac and iOS devices.
- Make audio recordings, listen to them as you work with other apps, or use them in a podcast, song or video.
- Access audio clips from your iPhone on your Mac using iCloud.
- Organize and control all of your HomeKit accessories from your desktop.
- Receive real-time notifications from your home devices while you work.
What’s New in macOS Mojave
- The macOS Mojave 10.14.3 update improves the security, stability and compatibility of your Mac
Requirements for macOS Mojave
- Minimum 2GB of RAM
- Intel HD and Iris Graphics 4000 series or newer, AMD GCN-based GPUs, or Nvidia Kepler-based GPUs or newer
- OS X 10.8 or later
Required free space:
- At least 12.5 GB of available disk space to upgrade from OS X El Capitan, macOS Sierra, or macOS High Sierra
- At least 18.5 GB of available disk space to upgrade from OS X Yosemite and earlier