macOS Mojave delivers new features inspired by its most powerful users but designed for everyone. Stay focused on your work using Dark Mode. Organize your desktop using Stacks. Experience three new built-in apps. And discover new apps in the reimagined Mac App Store.
- Experience a dramatic new look for your Mac that puts your content front and centre while controls recede into the background.
- Enjoy new app designs that are easier on your eyes in dark environments.
- View an ever-changing desktop picture with Dynamic Desktop.
- Automatically organize your desktop files by kind, date or tag using Stacks.
- Capture stills and video of your screen using the new Screenshot utility.
- Find your files visually using large previews in Gallery View.
- See full metadata for all file types in the Preview pane.
- Rotate an image, create a PDF and more – right in the Finder using Quick Actions.
- Mark up and sign PDFs, crop images, and trim audio and video files using Quick Look.
- Photograph an object or scan a document nearby using your iPhone, and it automatically appears on your Mac.
Mac App Store
- Browse handpicked apps in the new Discover, Create, Work and Play tabs.
- Discover the perfect app and make the most of those you have with stories, curated collections and videos.
- Search with lyrics to find a song using a few of the words you remember.
- Start a personalized station of any artist’s music from the enhanced artist pages.
- Enjoy the new Friends Mix, a playlist of songs your friends are listening to.
- Block Share and Like buttons, comment widgets and embedded content from tracking you without your permission with enhanced Intelligent Tracking Prevention.
- Prevent websites from tracking your Mac using a simplified system profile that makes you more anonymous online.
- Create a customized watchlist and view interactive charts that sync across your Mac and iOS devices.
- Make audio recordings, listen to them as you work with other apps, or use them in a podcast, song or video.
- Access audio clips from your iPhone on your Mac using iCloud.
- Organize and control all of your HomeKit accessories from your desktop.
- Receive real-time notifications from your home devices while you work.
What’s New in macOS Mojave
The macOS Mojave 10.14.4 update adds support for Apple News+, includes bug fixes and improvements, improves the stability and reliability of your Mac.
- Apple News+ is a new subscription service that extends the Apple News experience with hundreds of magazines and top newspapers
- Our editors handpick top articles and magazine issues, and you also get personalized recommendations on the topics most interesting to you
- Automatic downloads make it easy to read magazine issues offline
- Apple News is now available in Canada, with a free experience that includes handpicked Top Stories, a personalized Today feed, and support for both English and French
- Apple News+ is available in the U.S. and in Canada, with dozens of additional Canadian magazines
- Adds Dark Mode support for websites that support custom color schemes
- Streamlines website login when filling credentials with Password AutoFill
- Allows push notification prompts only after interacting with a website
- Adds a warning when an insecure webpage is loaded
- Removes support for the expired Do Not Track standard to prevent potential use as a fingerprinting variable; Intelligent Tracking Prevention now protects against crosssite tracking by default
- Shows more editorial highlights on a single page in the Browse tab, making it easier to discover new music, playlists, and more in Apple Music
• Adds support for new AirPods (2nd generation)
- Supports Air Quality Index in Maps for US, UK and India
- Improves the quality of audio recordings in Messages
- Supports realtime text (RTT) for phone calls made through a nearby iPhone on Mac
- Provides enhanced support for external GPUs in Activity Monitor
- Fixes an App Store issue that may have prevented adoption of the latest versions of Pages, Keynote, Numbers, iMovie, and GarageBand
- Improves the reliability of USB audio devices when used with MacBook Air, MacBook Pro and Mac mini models introduced in 2018
- Corrects the default screen brightness for MacBook Air (Fall 2018)
- Fixes a graphics compatibility issue that may occur on some external displays connected to Mac mini (2018)
- Resolves WiFi connection issues that may occur after upgrading to macOS Mojave
- Fixes an issue where readding an Exchange account may cause it to disappear from Internet Accounts
- Fixes an issue where AOL user passwords may be frequently requested in Mail
Requirements for macOS Mojave
- Minimum 2GB of RAM
- Intel HD and Iris Graphics 4000 series or newer, AMD GCN-based GPUs, or Nvidia Kepler-based GPUs or newer
- OS X 10.8 or later
Required free space:
- At least 12.5 GB of available disk space to upgrade from OS X El Capitan, macOS Sierra, or macOS High Sierra
- At least 18.5 GB of available disk space to upgrade from OS X Yosemite and earlier