Moneydance is a full-featured personal financial management application that includes features such as online banking, online bill payment, investment management, budget tracking, scheduled transactions, check printing, detailed graphs, reports and much more. Moneydance’s easy-to-use interface sets it apart from other financial software.
- Online Banking – Moneydance can automatically download transactions and send payments online from hundreds of financial institutions. Moneydance learns how to automatically categorize and clean up downloaded transactions.
- Account Graphing – Use the graphing tool to generate visual reports of your income and expenses. Set the graph type, the date range, and any specific settings for the type of graph you desire. Pop-up balloons display more information about the data being graphed as you move the mouse pointer over different regions of the screen. Graphs can also be printed or exported to image image files.
- Reminders and Scheduled Transactions – Transactions and notes can be easily scheduled to remind you when they are coming up or are past due.
- Account Register – This is used to enter, edit, and delete transactions in an account. It is visually similar to a paper checkbook register, except the calculation of balances and sorting of transactions is all done automatically. Entering transactions is easier with the payee auto-complete feature; this reduces the number of keystrokes necessary for entering many similar transactions.
What’s New in Moneydance
- Corrected buy/sell markers in security performance graph by adjusting for splits and removing markers for non-priced transactions
- Fixed bug in which min/max amounts in memorized Transaction Filter reports switched to the same value in both fields when re-edited
- Security detail transaction list now shows the cleared status from the parent transaction in the investment register
- Reliability and efficiency improvements (speed and RAM) for files with large currency and security price histories
- Updated Spanish translation
- Revamp of capital gains report calculations for securities with average cost
- Fix fog a bug which could use unnecessary disk space and RAM when security and currency price histories were updated
- Automatically check for and remove any orphan historical price entries when opening a file
- Add ability to include currency exchange rates in imported QIF files. In the !Prices section, put a caret (^) before the three digit currency ID and the ‘price’ will be interpreted as an exchange rate relative to the current file’s base currency.
- Fixed bug with selection and editing of the ‘other side’ of transfer transactions
- Prevent unrecognised transaction sort settings from stopping the UI (especially in the reconciler window)
- Fix bugs related to re-editing transactions, adding attachments, and duplicating transactions from the register when the auto-create-new-transactions option is disabled
- Improvements and fixes to mouse click handling, especially when using Apple’s Magic Mouse
- Fixed error when reading security prices during QIF imports
- Fixed bug in which the QIF Import ‘Account Info Only’ option didn’t suppress import of all investment transactions
- Fixed bug which resulted in an error when attempting to install an unsigned extension
- Added certificates to support a few bank changes (including Wells Fargo and Aon Hewitt)
Requirements for Moneydance
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.7 or later
- Older versions of Moneydance are available from Related Links