Notability is a powerful note-taker to annotate documents, sketch ideas, record lectures, take notes and more. It combines, typing, handwriting, audio recording, and photos so you can create notes that fit your needs. With iCloud support, your notes are always available on iPad, iPhone and Mac. Anytime, anywhere.
Notability is optimized for Mac
- Quickly create notes by dragging documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop and dropping onto the library.
- Enhance notes by dragging photos, audio recordings, and PDFs from the desktop and dropping onto a note.
- Get more done with smart keyboard shortcuts.
- Handwriting and sketches can be scaled, transformed, free and constrained rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
- Notes look the same on Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
Capture memorable notes with these essential features
- Type reports and outlines in a variety of fonts, sizes, colors and styles.
- Text automatically reflows around images.
- Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
- Sketch and write using a variety of colors, line widths, and styles.
- Record audio during lectures and meetings to capture more detail.
- Import audio recordings from other sources.
Replay your notes
- Notes are linked to audio recordings, so you can watch your typing and handwriting play back while you review a lecture or meeting. You can also use note replay to give audio feedback to students or colleagues.
- Notes added during note playback will also link to the recording.
Mark up documents and forms
- Import and annotate lecture slides, meeting agendas and PDFs.
- Fill out and sign forms.
- Use all the tools to mark up photos, maps, schematics, and more.
Notability makes it easy to organize, backup and share your notes
- Organize your notes by subject.
- Backup your notes to Dropbox and Google Drive automatically.
- Share your notes with study groups and colleagues via email, Airdrop, Dropbox and Google Drive.
iCloud syncs your notes on iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Make sure iCloud is turned on in Notability on iPad and iPhone to sync with your Mac.
- Fixed an issue where a false “subject/divider already exists” error could occur when creating a new subject or divider
- Fixed a crash that could occur with new installations on newer versions of OSX
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor