PopChar helps you get the most out of your font collection. With its crystal-clear interface, PopChar provides a frustration-free way to access any font’s special characters.
- Expanded accessibility – Your Mac includes over 700 fonts, each of which contains thousands of characters — Why not make them as accessible as possible? PopChar makes it happen.
- Interface advantages – PopChar displays easy-to-analyze tables of characters, giving you an ultra-convenient interface. You can’t access most of these characters from your keyboard — PopChar puts them within your reach.
- Liberating compatibility – No matter what app you are using, PopChar brings snappy simplicity to all font-related tasks. Whether you’re working with a word processor or a Web browser, PopChar integrates seamlessly.
- Smarter searching – PopChar’s seasoned search capabilities will help you find what you are looking for, whether you need to search for a character by name, identify fonts that contain specific characters, or explore the entire character set of a font.
- New preference setting for showing font names in their own font (WYSIWYG font names).
- HTML characters can now be inserted in hexadecimal notation.
- Option for remembering the selected font for all applications (instead of separately per application).
- It is now possible to control whether PopChar may perform version checks in full-screen mode.
- The About window now contains a button that creates a diagnostics report for troubleshooting.
- Automatic conversion of layout files into a format that can also be used by the Windows version of PopChar.
- Additional information during installation clarifies the situation when a newer version is not covered by the current license.
- Metrics adjustments for the IBM Plex font family.
- Metrics adjustments for the Carta font.
- Metrics adjustments for the Candlescript Pro font.
- Improved implementation of the gradients in the magnification lens.
- Updated version of the Alphabet layout fixes an error in the Romanian character set.
- PopChar now makes sure that its window is completely visible on the screen.
- In the keyboard equivalents, PopChar now displays only keys that are physically present on the attached keyboard.
- Built-in helper applications are now 64-bit to support the next version of macOS.
- Fixes an update problem when a previous version of PopChar was installed in a folder that no longer exists.
- Fixes a cosmetic issue with updates on High Sierra, where the download progress window remained on the screen for too long.
- Improved window location and size when PopChar is opened for the first time.
- Fixes an incorrect button label for opening System Preferences when PopChar asks for Accessibility permissions.
- Fixes incorrect alignment of a message at the top of the character table.
- Fixes incorrect length of the layout connection line in the French version.
- Fixes a confusing message in the preferences window when PopChar has not yet checked for available updates.
- Fixes a potential problem when PopChar makes offscreen windows visible.
OS X 10.6 or later