PopChar helps you get the most out of your font collection. With its crystal-clear interface, PopChar provides a frustration-free way to access any font’s special characters.
- Expanded accessibility – Your Mac includes over 700 fonts, each of which contains thousands of characters — Why not make them as accessible as possible? PopChar makes it happen.
- Interface advantages – PopChar displays easy-to-analyze tables of characters, giving you an ultra-convenient interface. You can’t access most of these characters from your keyboard — PopChar puts them within your reach.
- Liberating compatibility – No matter what app you are using, PopChar brings snappy simplicity to all font-related tasks. Whether you’re working with a word processor or a Web browser, PopChar integrates seamlessly.
- Smarter searching – PopChar’s seasoned search capabilities will help you find what you are looking for, whether you need to search for a character by name, identify fonts that contain specific characters, or explore the entire character set of a font.
What’s New in PopChar
- PopChar is now distributed as an Apple-notarized application.
- The number of lines in the section of recently used characters is now a user-definable preference option.
- PopChar now supports font-specific Unicode descriptions for several symbol fonts (such as FontAwesome, Material Icons, Webdings, Wingdings, and many more).
- Statistics in the About window contain total number of available Unicode characters.
- The status icon in the menu bar is now vertically centered.
- Improved support for update checks in intermediate beta versions.
- Cleaned up unused 32-bit code in the built-in installer.
- PopChar asks for accessibility permission only on Mojave and newer, where this is needed because of Apple’s new security policy.
- Extended system information in the diagnostics report.
- Adds missing name of the United Nations flag.
- The menu bar icon’s pull-down menu now has the correct appearance in Dark Mode.
- Works around a problem with temporary folders that caused installations and updates to fail in certain circumstances.
Requirements for PopChar
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.6 or later