owerPhotos allows you to break up your Photos.app images among multiple Photos libraries, rather than having to store all of them in one giant library. You can easily switch between libraries, or just browse the photos in your libraries directly from PowerPhotos, without having to open each library in Photos.
PowerPhotos also supports searching across all your libraries at once to help track down a particular photo. If you use iCloud Photo Library to sync photos with your other devices, splitting up your library can help save on iCloud storage costs. Use a single library to hold a smaller collection that you sync with iCloud, while keeping the bulk of your photos in separate libraries so they don’t take up space on iCloud. PowerPhotos can analyze your libraries for duplicate photos, showing them to you side-by-side and letting you get rid of extra copies of photos that you no longer need.
What’s New in PowerPhotos
- We now show the correct photos for smart albums with a “Date is/is not in the last X years” rule
- Fixed a problem where the in-app store window wouldn’t load on the first try
- In cases where Photos hangs upon displaying its “What’s New in Photos” screen during a merge, copy, or duplicate search, we detect this and prompt the user to dismiss the screen manually
- Fixed an issue where PowerPhotos would be unable to relaunch Photos if it crashed during a merge in some cases
- Fixed a crasher when merging certain libraries with missing file references
- Fixed an error that could occur when loading a library with photos that have no date assigned to them
Requirements for PowerPhotos
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- macOS 10.12.2 or later