PowerPhotos allows you to break up your Photos.app images among multiple Photos libraries, rather than having to store all of them in one giant library. You can easily switch between libraries, or just browse the photos in your libraries directly from PowerPhotos, without having to open each library in Photos.
PowerPhotos also supports searching across all your libraries at once to help track down a particular photo. If you use iCloud Photo Library to sync photos with your other devices, splitting up your library can help save on iCloud storage costs. Use a single library to hold a smaller collection that you sync with iCloud, while keeping the bulk of your photos in separate libraries so they don’t take up space on iCloud. PowerPhotos can analyze your libraries for duplicate photos, showing them to you side-by-side and letting you get rid of extra copies of photos that you no longer need.
What’s New in PowerPhotos
- We now give a more descriptive error message when trying to migrate a library that’s still in a Time Machine backup
- Worked around an issue where Photos would have trouble migrating an iPhoto library if it was missing its file extension
- Fixed a crash that could occur when dragging certain photos from PowerPhotos to the Finder
- Improved library indexing performance
- Fixed a broken help link in the iCloud warning alert sheet
Requirements for PowerPhotos
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- macOS 10.13 or later