Download Mac RetroDither 1.6 Full version – FREE!
Instant retro graphics computer! Using combinations of colors and combinations of colors smart to easily recreate any semblance of retro computer.
RetroDither is an accelerated GPU complement to Adobe After Effects allows you to create stylized images with frame and color schemes from retro games consoles and home computers platforms.
You can call it ‘Save GIF for web’ on steroids at first glance, but actually RetroDithering is capable of doing much more because it has more than 10 algorithms and different color palettes sorted and definition errors, ranging from several adaptive hardware and classic ZX spectrum, CGA, MSX and many more.
- 20 different color palettes including C-64 and Apple II
- Adaptive color palettes work pretty similar to the ones in e.g. Adobe Photoshop “Save for Web” dialog , while named after hardware ones (CGA, ZX Spectrum, C64 etc.) are mimicking actual ancient hardware limitations.
- 12 different dithering methods
- RetroDither is generally capable of two types of dithering: error diffusion (including FloydSteinberg, JarvisJudice, Stucki, Atkinson, Burkes, Siera, StevensonArce algorithms) and ordered dithering using Bayer matrix.
- 0 to 8x downscaling
- Performs image downscaling for more stylized look.
- Threshold slider
- Is available to alter Bayer dithering algorithms, and also to manage 1bit color palette mapping.
- Performs additional grayscale conversion of the input. Note that color palette is applied after this operation, which means you won’t necessary have grayscale image on the output of the effect; instead, RetroDither will map shades of gray to colors of output palette, which might give you quite interesting results.
- Serpentine scan
- Alters all error diffusion based (nonBayer) dithering algorithms, producing slightly different result (see the description).
- Fully GPU Accelerated!
Compatibility: After Effects CC 2019, CC 2018, CC 2017, CC 2015.3, CC 2015, CC 2014, CC, CS6, CS5.5, CS5
More Info: https://aescripts.com/retrodither/