Farrago provides the best way to quickly play sound bites, audio effects, and music clips on your Mac. Podcasters can use Farrago to include musical accompaniment and sound effects during recording sessions, while theater techs can run the audio for live shows. Whether it’s providing quick access to a large library of sounds or running through a defined list of audio, Farrago is ready to assist!
- Powerful Tile Interface: Farrago’s tile grid lets you lay out your audio exactly how you want it. Put your sounds at your fingertips and work the way you want.
- Customize With the Inspector: Use the inspector to tailor each sound’s settings to your needs. Set the tile name and color, tweak in/out points, alter fade settings and more.
- Organize With Sets: Create distinct groups of audio based on mood, show, or any other critera you like. Using sets makes managing audio a breeze.
- Sound Sets: Farrago’s default sound set is useful, but you can create your own sets based on show, mood, or anything else you like.
- A Thoughtful Interface: Farrago’s tile-based layout provides an easily understood way to play your audio via the keyboard or mouse.
- Global Access via Hotkeys: With Farrago’s user-definable Global Hotkey, you can pull the app forward, then use the in-app shortcuts to instantly trigger your desired audio.
Note: license key allows you to unlock Farrago for a single user on one or more Macs.
What’s New in Farrago
- Farrago now offers support throughout the app for Dark Mode on MacOS 10.14 (Mojave), with a default “Match System” option used to choose between the app’s Light and Dark themes. It’s also possible to specify which theme is used, independent of the system.
- Farrago will now work across Fast User Switching, allowing each user to run one instance of the application.
- A new warning will appear if the Quit shortcut (Cmd-Q) is pressed while Farrago is actively playing audio.
- Playback of high sample rate files (96 kHz and higher) once again works as expected.
- A small improvement has been made to fading out audio, removing an undesired noise which could occur.
- Several small interface glitches have been fixed, included a strange highlight artifact on the Sets list and an incorrect horizontal scroll on both Sets and Tiles.
- VoiceOver will now correctly read the names of audio sets.
- Farrago’s Help menu now includes a useful new Release Notes window, so you can see changes across all versions from right inside the app.
- The look of messages displayed by Farrago has been modernized.
- The About box has been updated to provide additional version information in an easy-to-read fashion.
Requirements for Farrago
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.11 or later