ABOUT THIS GAME
A true role-playing adventure.
A campaign within the world of Vol, a fully realized setting inspired by the late bronze age in a Transylvanian landscape, with unique politics, races and gods steeped in history. Featuring a chosen party of five, you role-play Necholai, a minor god of a celestial body who descends to the Staglands for a moonlit festival only to find the way home blocked and immortality slipping away. Seeking answers and aid, you take on a mortal body and the guise of a traveling Spicer. This isn’t a story of good and evil, saving the world or being a hero, it’s about intrigue and your adventure of survival in a harsh land.
While the game rolls the dice for you, you’ll traverse the Staglands on a path narrated by your own wits and choices. A tabletop inspired experience with adventure-game like navigation, Serpent in the Staglands offers no auto-populating map markers, checklist quest grinding and rigid story exposition.
Examine hand-drawn maps in your inventory for secret locations, diagrams of foreign languages, note encounters of interest in your in-game journal and figure out on your own how best to smuggle Spices. Roleplay, investigate, and pray to the RNG god when combat begins.
Serpent in the Staglands features:
- Party-based, real time with pause combat focused on macro tactical decisions and creative party skill combinations
- Classless role-playing system: create builds via any combination of the over 100 magic, combat and aptitude skills available to create or find up to 5 unique characters
- Non-linear storyline to explore as your adventure allows
- No level scaling or story-blocked map barriers impede your adventure
- Dynamic item use, including an incantation book, hand-drawn maps, and a herbology kit for brewing potions
- Combat designed for minimal pause spamming and without cooldowns, instead focusing on pre-buffing, positioning and auto-triggering skills
- An unmarked map filled with wilderness, cities, towers, temples, dungeons and caverns to explore.
- Write your own journal notes for quests, puzzles and leads as you investigate. The game won’t hold your hand or tell you what to do.
- Huge variety of enemies and challenges, including monsters, rogue mages and mutilated outlaws, which all can have the same spells and skills you do
- OS: Mac OS X 10.6 +
- Processor: 2.4 GHz Pentium IV or equivalent AMD Athlon processor
- Memory: 3 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB +
- Storage: 3 GB available space