An easy to use graphic editing application for macOS that makes it easy for you to work with multiple layers, vector drawings, and more
Complex graphic processing suites that usually include vector drawing capabilities employ a large chunk of your system’s resources, and might prove to be over complicated when working on small projects.
Effortless to install graphic processor featuring vector tools and multiple layers
Sketch is a lightweight macOS application designed to provide these functionalities in a clean, organized, yet stylish user interface. The app includes vector drawing tools, is able to work with multiple layers, allows you to define your own symbols, and much more.
Finding your way around Sketch is fairly intuitive, but the developers also provide an extensive online documentation: here you can learn how to work with layers, how to add and edit shapes, how to insert text objects, how to export specific layers, and much more.
Even without the documentation, due to the intuitive user interface, you will start working on your assignments in no time.
Packs basic vector drawing tools, but also includes powerful styling functions
For your convenience, Sketch also includes a set of templates for various types of projects (iOS App Icon, iOS UI Design, Mac App Icon, or Web Design) and a model (Welcome to Sketch).
The Sketch main window is separated in various sections: the center is reserved for the canvas, while the left panel displays the list of layers, and the right panel offers all the attributes and customization options for the currently selected object. At the same time, the top toolbar provides buttons for most frequently used tools.
Versatile graphic editor that enables you to work with multiplelayers and vector objects without having to deal with complex workflows
Sketch is able to work with shadows, gradients, blending and blurring tools, allows you to create complex shapes by grouping multiple objects, comes with a powerful text rendering engine, and much more.
On the whole, Sketch provides a variety of efficient tools that enable you to start working on the graphic details for a wide range of project types, in no time. The low resources usage and the intuitive, streamlined workflow recommend it as a trusty companion for your designing endeavors.
Compatibility: OS X 10.11.2 or later, 64-bit processor
Web Site: https://www.sketchapp.com/
What’s New in Sketch 51.1
Improvements and Fixes: This update fixes a variety of smaller issues, restores the Magic Wand tool, plus arrows and other markers now remain solid when applied to dashed paths.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur while previewing Artboards simultaneously in both Sketch Mirror and the Preview window
- Fixed a crash that could occur in documents containing complex dashed strokes
- Fixed a bug where image fills sized to “Fit” would mask any other fills arranged behind them
- Fixed a bug where Artboard backgrounds were included in SVG exports when selecting to Export group contents only
- Fixed a crash that could occur when editing certain documents with missing fonts
- Fixed a crash that could occur when opening the Preferences window
- Fixed a bug where highlights would continue to show after releasing the Command key when hovering over nested layers