Slice it Up is a tool that cuts footage into any number of vertically aligned slices by duplicating it N times and applying random width masks to it. Those pieces are brought into one composition later and laid one over another to create undistorted image. Tool provides controls to set random or linear offset to X, Y and Z position for each slice, adjust the expansion and rotation angles for the mask.
One of the most flexible things that Slice It Up provides is the ability to randomise slices in the UI panel at any time. If you don’t like the width of your slices and feel like a change up, just hit the “Random Width” button. If randomised position is not your taste, re-randomise it at any time without loosing your keyframes even after closing and opening the project.
- Pseudo Effects or regular AE Sliders
- Unlimited number of slices;
- Z Space distribution;
- Rerandomise width at any time;
- Rerandomise slice position at any time;
- Rerandomise or make slice width even at any time;
- Random or linear slice distribution in space;
- Regenerate previous seed to find that perfect look;
Compatibility: After Effects: CC 2018, CC 2017, CC 2015.3, CC 2015, CC 2014, CC, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4
Web Site: https://aescripts.com/slice-it-up/
What’s New in Slice it Up 2.0
New in User Interface:
- Toggle slice axis (random, directional, bidirectional),
- Invert slice axis direction,
- Toggle Horizontal / Vertical slice alignment,
- Toggle 3D/2D at any time,
- Change “Container” mode at any time.
New in Effect Controls:
- Always uses Pseudo Effect,
- Groups linear and random offsets,
- Adds option to control slice Expansion: Height.
- Completely rewrites code,
- Optimised expressions,
- Drops CS3 support (anyone uses CS3 these days?).