SoftRAID allows you to create and manage disk arrays to increase performance and reliability. SoftRAID allows the user to create and manage RAID 4 and 5 volumes, RAID 1+0, and RAID 1 (Mirror) and RAID 0 (Stripe) volumes. SoftRAID also provides “predictive disk failure”, where users are alerted to potential disk failures even before they fail.
SoftRAID’s intuitive interface and powerful feature set make this utility a must-have for any OS X Server admin, “Pro” user, photographer, digital-video editor, or desktop user who wants more reliable backup for his computer.
What’s New in SoftRAID
- Adds support for Akitio Thunder3 Quad X and Thunder3 Quad mini to SoftRAID XT and SoftRAID Lite XT
- A bug in the SoftRAID application which can causes the “Zero Sectors” feature to fail. This would occur on NVMe blades which had 4 KB sectors and a maximum transfer size of 128 KB
- A bug in the SoftRAID application which causes the “15 minutes” option to display twice when certifying disks
- A bug in the SoftRAID application and SoftRAID Monitor which prevents SSDs with uncorrectable errors from being marked as predicted to fail
- Changes the way that SoftRAID Tool reports fatal errors. These are now written to the SoftRAID.log rather than the system.log file
Requirements for SoftRAID
- Intel, 64-bit processor
- OS X 10.8.5 or later
- Support for TRIM commands on SSD’s require OS X 10.7.5 or later