WebScraper uses the Integrity v8 engine to quickly scan a website, and can output extracted data as CSV or JSON. Plus download images to a folder.
- Easy to scan a site – just enter the starting URL and press “Go”
- Easy to export – choose the columns you want
- Plenty of extraction options, including HTML elements with certain classes or IDs, regular expressions, or entire content in a number of formats (html, plain text, markdown)
- ‘helper’ utilities within the app make it easy to find a suitable class / id or produce a regular expression (regex) to extract the data you want
- Since v4.1 can download to a folder all images discovered
- Configuration of various limits on the crawl and the output file size
- ‘New Project’ wasn’t clearing the ‘stop at X rows in the results’ checkbox, leading to confusion. It does now.
- Important fix, bug affecting extracting contents of named class / id where
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor