McAfee Stinger 64-bit is a standalone utility utilized to discover as well as remove particular infections. It is not an alternative to full anti-virus protection, however a specialized tool to assist managers and also users when handling an infected system. Information on brand-new or boosted signatures included with each Stinger build are listed in the Readme details.
McAfee Stinger uses next-generation scan modern technology, consisting of rootkit scanning, and scan performance optimizations. It identifies and gets rid of threats identified under the “” Risk Checklist”” option under Advanced food selection alternatives in the Stinger application.
Stinger is a standalone utility created by McAfee to discover as well as remove certain infections. It is not a substitute for complete anti-viruses protection. Instead, it is a tool that assists you clean up an infected computer of particular known risks.
Stinger uses a McAfee technology called Global Risk Knowledge (GTI) to recognize unsafe sites. GTI constantly monitors internet sites around the world for harmful web content.
When you download Stinger, you can allow GTI in the following method:
- Click Preferences.
- Select the favored GTI sensitivity level.
KEEP IN MIND: If you pick High or Very High, McAfee Labs suggests that you set the On infection detection action to Record only for the first check. Establishing this option makes certain that valid documents are not unintentionally gotten rid of.
To download and install and also run the Stinger, follow these steps:
- To begin, go to the Stinger download web page.
- Click the bold Download Stinger web link. This downloads the most generally used version:
- Do not pick the ePO versions of Stinger. These are for usage in service settings.
- If you have a 64-bit variation of Windows, click Download and install Stinger for x64 systems.
- Click Download And Install Currently.
- Save Stinger to a hassle-free location, such as your desktop computer.
- Right-click the Stinger application that you just downloaded.
- Select Run as Administrator.
- If you see a Windows protection warning:
- Click Yes, Continue, or Run.
- Approve the End User Licence Agreement (EULA).
- Click Personalize my check to include extra drives or directories (only the C: drive is scanned by default).
- Click Scan. Stinger fixings all infected data found.
VITAL: If Stinger fixings any contaminated data, broaden the area listed below for essential info.